Call now INDIA: +91 9526143762, 0485 2252326  |  KUWAIT: +965 99287593 | CANADA: 1(416) 633-6953 |  | E-mail:




Temporary Visas for visitors, workers and students to Canada

Work Permits

Every year, over 150,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages, or to work as live-in caregivers.

A foreign individual who intends to work in Canada is required to possess sufficient authorization to legally do so. This authorization may be obtained in different ways, and often requires advanced approval from Service Canada prior to entering Canada for work. Such a process is complex and Pauline Centre will provide you with answers about Canadian immigration policy and supply the expertise necessary to efficiently obtain a Work Permit or Business Visitor Visa. Pauline Centre will guide you to find out if you need a work permit or if you are in a special category where a work permit may not be necessary or is approved differently.

There are many categories by which a foreign worker can seek a work permit in Canada. However, these usually fall within one of several general classifications that can be used to better understand the procedures. These are:

International Treaties such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the Canada Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA), or the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS).
Certain professionals, traders, investors and business people entering under regulation do not need a labour market opinion from Service Canada. Certain circumstances in which there is evidence of a Significant Benefit to Canada, also foreign workers may be eligible for a Canadian work permit in the absence of Service Canada confirmation of a job offer on the basis of demonstrated benefit to Canada as a result of their employment. These provisions are generally applicable in such cases as the foreign worker would:
Create or maintain significant social, cultural, or economic benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
Create or maintain reciprocal employment of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada in other countries;
Be engaged in work that is designated by the Minister as being work that can be performed by a foreign national on the basis of the following criteria:
Work related to a research, educational or training program, or
Limited access to the Canadian labour market is necessary for reasons of public policy relating to the competitiveness of Canada’s academic institutions or economy.