How do I become a nurse in Australia…?
Nurses who were educated out side Australia will be required to undertake an accredited 10 to 13 weeks Competency assessment courses in Australia (Bridging Course, initial Registration Course OR Adaptation Course), conducted by universities and colleges who are accredited by AHPRA(Austraian Health Practioners Agency).
Steps to working as an Australian nurse
1. Apply for Registration@AHPRA ((Austraian Health Practioners Agency))
The steps that you must take to apply for registration are the following:
- Complete AHPRA (Austraian Health Practioners Agency) Application Form
- Provide notarized copies of identity papers, education and work experience.
- Pay a fee to the AHPRA(Austraian Health Practioners Agency) for Registration
English Language Proficiency:
- IELTS (Academic) overall band of score 7.0 and individual band score of 7.0 for all modules
- Identity (passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate)
- Registration Certificate.
- Transcript – clinical & theoretical content of program.
- Detailed resume. ( Attested by the Nursing Superintend)
- 5 passport size photographs
- Passport copy
- Degree in nursing certificate/ Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery certificate
- Certificate of initial registration & current registration in India.
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Experience certificates.(including originals)
(Note: Current Experience certificate must (a) be dated, (b) be on company letterhead (c) State the division of the register (e.g. Full time Registered Nurse or Full time Staff Nurse), (d) Confirm the dates of employment (e) confirm the mode of employment (e.g. full time, part time or casual) (f) be signed by the Director of Nursing or Nursing Superintendent or Ward In charge payroll Manager or Human Resources Manager OR senior Administrative Manager.)
Verification of initial & current nursing registration to be send to the AHPRA
Note: Bring 2 sets of Xerox Copies of all Documents in A4 size of Main Applicant and Spouse (One set should be attested by a Notary Public)
2. Receive Conditional Registration Approval….
The Nurses Board will advise of their assessment. Conditions of approval may include:
- Undertaking AHPRA (Austraian Health Practioners Agency) approved assessment course in Australia.
3. Enroll for BRIDGING PROGRAM /INITIAL REGISTRATION COURSE
Apply for admission to the BRIDGING /INITIAL REGISTRATION COURSE in Australia.
We will enroll you.
Who is required to undertake this Course?
- Nurses who have undertaken nursing education in countries outside Australia.
- Australian nurses who have retired but wish to return to practice.
- Nurses who are required to show they are fit to continue working.
What is the Curriculum of ADAPTATION /INITIAL REGISTRATION COURSE?
- Courses Accredited by AHPRA.
- Clinical assessments in an Acute Care Australian Hospital.
- Theoretical and Clinical assessments
- Theoretical content and Clinical assessments are conducted in Australian hospitals with actual patients.
What is the Duration of ADAPTATION /INITIAL REGISTRATION COURSE?
- Courses range from 10 to 13 weeks in duration.
How are Nurses Assessed in ADAPTATION /INITIAL REGISTRATION COURSE?
- Assessment is evidence based
- Key elements in the assessment model include:
- Self-assessment by the nurse candidate
- Observation by the assessor of the nurse candidate.
- Interviews by the assessor with the others: peers, persons receiving nursing care, supervisors.
- Analysis by the assessor of all relevant documentation: care plans, patient charts and notes
- Sources of evidence may include:
- Observation of performance
- Audit of documents such as care plans and clinical records
- Interviewing of the nurse candidate to reveal intentions and attitudes
- Interviewing colleagues and persons receiving nursing care.
- Testing (for example drug calculations, written assignments, multi choice questions)
- Examining records of previous achievements.
5. Apply for a Visa
You will need a visa that allows you to study and undertake the course in Australia.
6.Provide Funds for Fees/Living Expenses
You will need to show fund proof for course fees, travel, living and accommodation
6. Travel to Australia
Pauline Centre will arrange your travel to Australia, and look after all your needs in Australia
7. Undertake & Pass the ADAPTATION /INITIAL REGISTRATION COURSE
Nursing Careers support you during the course, and assist you in confirming your conditional registration
8. Apply for a Working Visa
We will find you an employer who is prepared to sponsor you and your family and employ you on work visa. We will submit the visa application on your behalf.
To get started simply fill out the Enquiry form and we will then contact you and offer you a Free Assessment.